Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Official Forum

Ok, so I've kind of created a forum setup; however, since I am still using google sites for it, public commenting is still not available at this moment.

So what I would suggest, is that until such a time as I figure out how on earth to make public commenting possible, create an email address specifically for the purpose of logging on and editing/adding topics and/or comments to the 'forum', which is located at either www.ycf-forum.tk or http://sites.google.com/site/forumycf/.

If everybody agrees to this arrangement, at least for now, then I will need email addresses in order to enable you to edit the site. To your email addresses I will send user information for the email address forums.ycf@gmail.com. This way, there will be one address used to edit the forum page. The only downside is that only one person will be able to comment/post at one time, but that shouldn't be much of a problem given that most of us are on at different times anyway. If, in the event that it is in use when another tries to log on, wait a few minutes and try again. When someone is finished, please do not forget to sign out.

Any email addresses I receive will NOT be kept on file anywhere, and I will only use them ONCE and only to invite you to be admin on the forum pages. Whoever comes on board with this project will have full admin rights.

So, again, if we are all in agreement, please send your email addresses to universeofmymind@gmail.com .

So to recap.

Forum page: www.ycf-forum.tk OR http://sites.google.com/site/forumycf

For admin rights to post and comment: send email address to me at universeofmymind@gmail.com

You will receive information at that address for the forum email, which is forums.ycf@gmail.com

Everyone will then use that address to login.




Thanks all!!

And have a good day.


----mike----



PS.: I WILL add all of your email addresses to the admin list, simply so that in case for some reason the forums.ycf address doesn't work we can still post. In addition, I don't think it's possible for two people to work on the site at once, but if that does happen and things keep screwing up, simply type out what you have to say in a word document and copy and paste it in later on.

I'm sorry that this is so confusing, but eventually it will work itself out. With our help.

Goodday!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I put my e-mail address there because I thought we had to put it in comments if we wanted to be apart of the YCF forum. If there is some way to make sure it doesn't show up on the site I will be thankful!

Zoe said...

Joraim: I think you are just supposed to email him. Don't worry, I won't publish your comments.

Zoe said...

*Joraiem

Mike said...

yeah just email it to universeofmymind@gmail.com

It's the easiest way.

Eventually I may have a friend of one of my friends help me design and build a proper forum page, but until then this is the best i could think of...

THANKS!

G'night...


----mike----



!

Danielle Diez - Maiden of Emmanuel said...

Is this a forum where veryoen can go on at the same time??

Unknown said...

bookworm4god - Unfortunately, not at this time. Because of the format in which the page has been set up, you need to logon to post anything, and as far as I know only one person can be on at a time. I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain...

However, sometime in the near-ish future I hope to have set up a proper forum page, where anyone can visit the site and NOT have to log in. I will also create a section for YCF only, so we can deal with our issues there. Kind of like an elders board, only including EVERY member of the YCF.

But in the meantime, enjoy it as much as possible, and I hope you email me your email address so I can add you on the site. I would very much like to have every member of the YCF included in this.



----mike----

Unknown said...

By the way this is Mike.. I forgot I was using the Forums address..sorry for any confusion!

Araken said...

Sounds good!