Friday, January 23, 2009

Celebrate Life!

My school has this thing every year called the "Celebration of Life". By the way, I do go to a Christian school. Anyways, on this day, we talk about how fortunate we are to be here and alive today, and how we should love each other because we were all created by God. Usually, the chapel/ assembly we have doesn't really "touch" me that much. I mean, come on, I'm just a kid!!!! But, one of my friends, a senior, shared something I want to share with you. See, when M (that's what I plan on calling him for now...) was a baby, before he was born, his mother was told then Mark might be born with Down Syndrome. I'm not exactly sure what that is, but I bet you can Google it. Anywho, his mother was given the opportunity to abort him. She didn't want to do that because she saw his value. So, the doctors said that they could run one more test that would show whether or not he definitely had Down Syndrome, but with that test, M could have been spontaneously aborted, so his mother said that she wouldn't go through the procedure. She wanted to make she that M would be safe, because she put a value on his life.

If a mother can go through that for her unorn baby because she loves him, imagine how much God would do for us! He sent His son, Jesus, to die the most cruel and inhuman death ever created, for us, so we wouldn't have to die. Sometimes, I kinda get hung up on that fact. Why would Jesus do that for me? I'm a sinner, I mess up everyday. I bash people, and sometimes gossip about His perfect creation. Yet He forgives me anyways. That was apart of what we talked about, too. WE are God's. WE are made in His perfect image. When we put down others, or even ourselves, then we are not only hurting the person, we are basically slapping God in the face. So, next time, when we are going to complain about others - or ourselves - think about how God looks at..... whoever. He sees then perfectly. Think on that.

4 comments:

Araken said...

Very good insight, OG. You have touched on points that I keep having to remind myself of throughout daily life.

Zoe said...

Great post!

Shelby said...

Hey, that's a great post!

Sarah Grady said...

Gracias (or however you spell it..) to all! I have really strong opinions on abortions and everything that goes with it, so it's fun for me to talk about and defend all the unborn people out there!

~Sarah~